Friday, October 19, 2012

Blogger Virtual Zombie Walk 2012



Long before I penned my m/m/m zombie apocalypse tale, "Bad Moon Rising," I was a zombie fan.

Why? What's the draw? 

For me, it's two fold. One on hand, I love the gore. Growing up, when all the other kids were hiding behind their parents' shoulders during horror films, I was intently staring at the screen, trying to figure out how it had all been done. The art behind the effects fascinates me.

On the other hand, I'm drawn to the dogma. The idea of our high and mighty society being brought to its knees with one fail swoop - that's mind-numbingly large. It's interesting to see the different takes on the "zombie apocalypse" out there in entertainment. 

For instance, in the "28 Days" films, the zombies are the result of the "rage virus." It's a commentary on our society - that if we continue to be angry people, that anger will eventually turn on us. It's also this franchise that gives us a non-bite infection - in the first movie, one of the characters is infected when a drop of "rage virus" tainted blood falls into his eye. 

Then there's "The Boneyard," which gives us flesh eating monsters who are the result of an age-old curse. 

In some movies, zombies are only interested in human flesh. However in Romero's "Survival of the Dead," the zombies are taught to eat horse meat. 

Another interesting spin is the movie "I am Legend" (which yes, I know these are technically more like vampires, but hear me out...) we're shown thinking monsters. These monsters use tools. They create traps. They have a leader. At one point in the movie, Will Smith's character remarks that they've lost all their humanity, but I think it's the other way round. I think, as they are, they're more human than not. Humanity at its basest is still human. 

In any event, I'm giving away a prize today to one lucky, random winner. I'm offering up a free pdf copy of "Bad Moon Rising."




Here's the blurb:

Bryce never expected to find himself smack in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, and he certainly never expected to meet the man of his dreams along the way. But there's more than zombies in the way of his happily ever after. Richard comes with baggage, in the form of his on again, off again bipolar lover Cole, who is off his meds and descending into his own mental hell at an alarming rate. Will the three men be able to work out their romantic feelings? Oh yeah...and then there's that little issue of the zombies...

To be entered to win, all you have to do is leave a comment below, including your e-mail.

GOOD LUCK!!!

****PLEASE BE AWARE: I write GLBTQ romance. GLBTQ stands for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer. This means my works feature same sex relationships AND same sex sexual acts. If winning that kind of a book isn't your cup of tea, kindly pass on to the next blog in the hop and leave the spot open for someone else. Thank you.****














7 comments:

  1. I like seeing the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. Anyways, thanks for the giveaway, I've been wanting to read this book! And thanks for participating in the Walk!

    tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of Zombies...just not the gore. It is awful hard to have a HEA with all the blood and gunk all over the place. :)
    Michelle
    chellebee66(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so sure about Zombie love, but I'll try anything once! tmadamski(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Zombies for me!


    gisu29(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's not to Love about those chompy little buggers?
    Good luck with the books!
    I'd love for you to stop by my Walk's
    Carmen Jenner Author and Book Me! for a Short Story and Character Interview! Happy Shambling! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zombies freak me out, but I did force myself to watch TALES OF THE CRYPT once because Ewan McGregor (sigh!) was playing one on the episode. He was pretty sexy...until half his face got shredded. Yeesh.

    koozebane(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I hate watching Zoombie movies but I love to READ the storie. If it's not to late add me in. Your books looks great.

    Chris
    ceagles48218@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete