Saturday, August 6, 2011

Gluten Free - Days 5, 6, & &

The past three days have been hellabusy!

So it's been a week on the gluten free diet. Not only am I not getting sick anymore but...brace yourself... I don't have any muscle pain, either. The chronic, excruciating pain I've been in for the past 32 years is gone.

I don't even know what to think of that, at this point. It's hard to process. It's like living life in black and white, and suddenly everything's in color. Technicolor, even. It's odd. I'm still dealing with the fatigue, a bit, but not as bad as it was, and I'm sleeping a little better.

On to new products! Gluten Free stuff we tried this week:

1. Enjoy Life Cinnamon Crunch Granola - Did I tell you about this one already? I'm not sure. It's tasty! It has raisins in it.

2. Hot Kid Cheese Rice Crisps - YUCK! With a capital Y U C K. These have the texture and taste of cardboard dusted with cheese doodle leavings. Blech!

3. Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta Rotelle - WOW! I honestly can't taste a difference between this and regular pasta. The only difference I saw was that the water turns a lovely yellow color because of the corn content. I topped it with Prego Spaghetti Sauce (labeled GF) and some cheese.

For dinner tonight, I had steak and Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien with Onions and Peppers (labeled GF) and Birds Eye Steamfresh Mini Corn on the Cob (which isn't labeled GF, but the only ingredient is corn). For dessert I had Kozy Shack Original Rice Pudding (labeled GF).

It occurred to me that I normally stop eating half way through my meal because I'm in pain. Not because I'm fully - I typically leave the meal still hungry. But for the last few days, that hasn't been happening. I'm able to actually eat and not get sick, so I don't walk away hungry. As a result, I don't snack in between meals - I don't even want to.

1 comment: