Friday, February 17, 2012

Friendly Friday - Featuring Lydia Nyx!


Hello everyone, I'm Lydia Nyx! First, I want to extend a huge thanks to DC for hosting me on his blog! I'm here to tell you a little bit about the things I write and hopefully make a couple new friends.

I'm a m/m author, but within that genre I write a whole, huge mess of different things. I pen a lot of paranormal stuff, a little horror, some historical, and also some straight (or, not-so-straight) romance and erotica. I don't always write happily-ever-after endings, but a lot of times I do. I have a little something for everyone in my catalog. I guess I'm a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma and all that stuff. Or maybe I just can't stick with one thing or I'd get bored.

I've always been inclined to paranormal stuff, long before I became an erotica author, or even started writing m/m. Most of my work appears in anthologies or as stand-alone short stories, but I have two full-length novels published, one of which is a m/m urban fantasy called Black Shore of the White City. I love urban fantasy because it combines that spooky stuff I've always liked with the romance I've become fond of over the past few years. Also, urban fantasy is sexy! Thrills, chills, mysteries, monsters, and hot fast-paced action and romance all rolled into one--what's not to love?

About Black Shore of the White City:

Jude Coffin enjoys the finer things in life: an exceptional wine, a good whiskey, non-menthol cigarettes, and a cute guy with a great ass. Despite being a Siren, or an 'aural captivator' for the supernaturally correct, he doesn't like paranormal politics, paranormal science, and certainly not paranormal activists.

Despite this, Jude and his similarly supernaturally-endowed twin brother Jason are lured to Chicago to undergo study at the controversial Institute of Supernatural Research. Jude remembers why he stays away from the paranormal world when the Institute takes his brother hostage. His only hope of getting him back is enlisting the help of Micha Bellevue, Chicago's leading paranormal advocate, and Sam Haain, fiery, possibly insane paranormal supremacist. Tangled up with these two clashing and decidedly sexy personalities, Jude gets a look at Chicago he never wanted: a city at war with itself, full of angry supernatural people, conspiracy, and murder. 


I've built an entire world around the story, as it's meant to be the first of a series, and you can check out the Chicago of my universe here: http://www.lydianyx.com/works/white-city I'm working on the sequel now and it's about three-quarters done. Which really, any writer will tell you: is not nearly close enough to being done!

On the other hand, if you don't like things that go bump in the night, my other full-length novel, From Morocco to Paris, is a contemporary straight-up work of erotica and romance with no ghosts or monsters. I promise! (Except for the ones, of course, inside the character's heads.) It follows an aspiring movie director (currently working as a celebrity assistant) and his struggle with his sexuality via a costumer he meets on the set of the movie his employer is starring in. There are tons of exotic locales and erotic romps:

Zane Reed wants to be a movie director, but first he has to learn the ropes by taking every crap job in the industry. Employed as personal assistant to actor Elliot Butler, Zane hopes to further his education when Elliot works with famed director Saul Brennan on an epic movie about Napoleon Bonaparte. However, Zane gets an education in something else entirely when he meets Davey Alexander, one of the production's costumers.

Davey, vivacious and erotically-charged, shakes reluctant, sexually-confused Zane down to his core. Zane's feelings for Davey quickly grow beyond lust, but the two can't get it together. During filming, from Morocco, to Egypt, to Paris, the two struggle with desire and muddled emotions. In the end, Zane will have to overcome himself if he wants to keep the most intriguing, passionate man he's ever known from walking out of his life.


I don't think I'll ever be able to settle down into once niche. Every spot I try to wedge into, I find myself wiggling around in sooner or later! My latest releases have included a purely historical m/m romance, a contemporary fantasy romance, a suspense thriller, and a dystopian novella set in a post-apocalyptic future. So pick your poison…I've probably written it!

*******

Lydia Nyx is from Cleveland, Ohio. She writes everything from contemporary to historical, as well as paranormal, horror, and urban fantasy, and she prefers all her fiction with a male/male twist. She currently resides in a little apartment with her teenage son and a crazy cat and spends countless hours of the day entertaining the dirty fantasies in her head. As a 'day job' she works as a waitress, which gives her lots of free time to slack off and plot stories. Writing since the age of 13, she has always wanted to be an author, and hopefully one day writing will be her only 'day job.'


Find Lydia at her website
And her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment