Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bear Talk Blog Hop - Featuring Margie Church

Bear Lovin' 


Margie Church

Some of my contemporaries on the Bear Talk tour are gay, and frankly, most of the time when I'm talking about bears, it's usually with gay friends. Strangely, I know few women who melt at the sight of a man's body covered in lush, soft hair. I'm raising my hand. They make me swoon. I married one.

A long time ago, I had a handful of likeminded girlfriends. We made it our duty to scope out all the men who worked with us in a very large company. On casual Fridays, we got to investigate the necklines of these guys (who were likely checking us out five days a week). Over lunch, we'd speculate about who had the kind of chest and body hair that would create the most amazing friction if we were lucky enough to rub against it. Perhaps these men saw a glimmer in our eyes on Fridays, or after they leaned a particular way and we could see through a gap between their shirt buttons. We didn't care. We called those guys members of the Open Collar Club.

We so wanted to open their collars a bit more . . . . I think I need a moment . . .

I also belong to a wonderful group called Forbidden Love. We have our eyes glued to several sexy actors– and we pit ourselves against each other – the waxers and the non-waxers. Those in my group – the non-waxers – think it's abominable to denude a man's beautiful chest hair and worse yet, his treasure trail. When you rest your cheek against a man's chest, isn't it fun to dawdle with your fingers in the soft hairs? We think so.

Maybe gay men embrace the bear mentality because they reflect their own bodies more often. They understand (or fear) the pain created by waxing, the chaffing from razors, and the itch during re-growth. I'm not saying that men aren't vain about the way they look. Quite the contrary, most want to look pleasing to themselves and their partners. I do, however, think that like muscle tone and height, body hair is another sign of a man's virility.

The current fad on television and in books seems to be the other kind of bare - bare chests, bare everywhere. I don't mind some manscaping. I think it's nice to respect your partner in certain areas of the body, but I think it's weird to want him to be utterly bare. As I always say, men have hair; boys don't. I like men. And I love my bears.


Luis is a bear in my newest book, Krewe Daddy. His close-cut beard gives him striking good-looks. A downy-soft thatch covers his barrel chest, and it doesn't stop there. He's a total turn-on to Drew, and any other guys who enjoys bear lovin'.

Contest: Read about Luis and the other fantastic men in my brand new book, Krewe Daddy. Tell me what you love most about bears and you could win a copy. Please leave your email address so I can find you!

Krewe Daddy by Margie Church




Luis is the Daddy, a sought-after lover, with an ego to match the mammoth-sized Mardi Gras floats he designs. His lifestyle and reputation are wearing him out, but Luis can't find a satisfying way to break the cycle and be happy, too.

Drew's insecurities pushed him to have a foolish affair six years ago. It destroyed his relationship with Luis, and he's never been able to commit to anyone since. Now, he's taken control of his life and changed his submissive personality by becoming a model for Kevin Marks, and a wildlife enforcement agent in New Orleans.

These men haven't forgotten each other, or settled their differences. When they accidentally meet in a French Quarter gay bar, the years of regret, anger, and pent-up emotions erupt. Their passion is as hot as ever, their mistrust just as potent. When Drew's future is in Luis' hands, will he choose his lifestyle or love?

Buy Krewe Daddy at Noble Romance right now.

Buy all my other books on Amazon.

Learn more about Margie at Romance with SASS




Follow the Bear Talk Tour! There are great prizes at every stop.

Also Today:

Hank Edwards will be at Kayla Jameth


Thurs MAR 1
Deanna Wadsworth will be at Hank Edwards 
Tom Webb will be at Louisa Bacio


Fri MAR 2
Ike Rose-Author will be at Margie Church
DC Juris will be at Deanna Wadsworth
DV Sadero will be at Kayla Jameth



23 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me today, DC! I hope I meet a bunch of like-minded friends on this fun tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom Selleck is in high demand today. He's here and showed up on my blog along with Hank Edwards as well. Quite the man about town, isn't he?

    Looking forward to having some time to read Krewe Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla, I thought that was hilarious. He was my first bear love. Never have gotten over him. Hope I never do.

    Thanks for the shout out for Krewe Daddy. I appreciate that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm a big Tom fan myself....my Barbie dumped Ken for Tom Selleck...lol, Its true!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna, I had a poster in our apartment after we got married...eventually DH said Tom must go...damn. Little bit of revenge today! LOL

      Delete
  5. Great post, Margie! Love the Open Collar Club. LOL! I work in a really casual environment with a lot of younger men and they wear shorts in the summer. So many furry calves ... sigh. Krewe Daddy looks great, gotta add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hank! What a lucky bum you are! I used to enjoy those casual Fridays so much. Truly I felt it was payback for all the guys who ogled me every day. Thanks for coming by. DC's property values sure are rising today.

      Delete
  6. Great post, Margie. KD is already on my ever-growing TBR list! On a separate note, I've always believed that an "older" man with a hairy chest and forearms would make me feel safe. That they would be wiser and more mature and responsible than their counterparts sans hair. Plus the right amount of hair is just so sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Johnny for adding KD to your TBR pile. I have stopped making those promises unless I know I can get to them. Between my job, my kids, and writing, I have precious little time for recreational reading.

      Anywho! I will attest that my bear definitely makes me feel safe and I love the friction...oops...I blurted there, didn't I? LOL

      Delete
  7. I loved reading your blog, we use to the same on the job site, check-out guys muscles and hairlines, my dad was the boss on the job as I worked with him on his house building jobs,as a goffer and clean-up and he's have to keep the guys at bay which i could hold my own, he found that out when one of the guys got to friendly and I was about to hit the guy where it would hurt...anyways, your story of krewe Daddy sounds hot, have never read about a gay couple so thats new to me this stuffy lady from fla. is trying to get out of her comfort zone, your book 18th floor was quite hot and really enjoyed...I didn't realize you wrote childrens books, I have a home daycare so what's your pet name and titles of those books...well, I know this book will do quite well, good luck and hope to read this one for sure and all your other ones too! carolefiore@yahoo.com I like Tom Selleck's hairy chest too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole, Krewe Daddy is a love story. Plain and simple. You'll laugh, cringe, cry, and sigh.

    I have a nursery rhyme out under my pen name Margaret Rose. You can find the book, First Spring, from Guardian Angels Publishing. They're in St. Louis!

    Oh and Tom? Yeah...what I wouldn't do to run my fingers up his chest. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm too smooth to be a Bear. However, I admit to a man crush on Tom Selleck. Always wanted to grow a mustache like his. Wonderful blog, Margie. Looking forward to reading KD this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL KB...in a pinch, other talents can make up for it. LOL I love Tom's deep voice, too. Thanks for coming by and I hope you enjoy the book.

      ((hugs))

      Delete
  10. Margie, this is a fantastic post! I love reading about you scoping men on casual Fridays...oh, I married a bear too!

    Tt

    tigerblossoms at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snicker* Teresa, girls have to have their fun too...I have an hour-glass figure and men stare at me all the time...it is nice to get a little ogling in myself!

      Thanks for coming by. It's nice to met you.

      Delete
  11. My DH, bless his heart, doesn't have allot of body hair. He has in rebellion, I think been growing a goatee since his retirement. I like a nice trail of hair on a man. Really, I don't want a man to feel like a woman. Something about that is rather strange. And adults are supposed to have body hair in certian places. Let's face it, men are supposed to be men, whether they are straight or gay. It is nice to see that they are appreciated that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, K.A. Love the goatee comment. A lot of us change our looks after we've been forced to groom ourselves in a specific way for our employer. We think alike on the men have hair (and so do women) subject! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  12. My husband isn't exactly a bear, but he does have a decent amount of hair--enough to know that I with a man, not a boy as you stated in your post. I have enjoyed the couple times he has taken off some of the hair for me as a sexy experiment, but I would never demand it of him. The most fun thing I find about my husband's "look," I guess, is where all of the stuff he carries for his job rubs nearly all the hair off certain areas of his upper thighs, creating almost a waxed feel there. It's pretty sexy to have fur above and below, but smoothness right there!

    Ann
    Kyreadinggirl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting tactile contrasts are great! And it's nice that he's willing to experiment. If smooth is what you enjoy, I'm not going to discourage it. We certainly do some of that in our relationship. But fur rules most of the time! LOL Have a great one, Ann.

      Delete
  13. I love Tom Selleck. I had such a crush on him when I was really young. He still looks good today too! A lot of the guys in my family have a lot of hair. I've unfortunately noticed this at swimming pool parties. LOL I find both types attractive. Although the whole waxing thing is going a little overboard now. I've been noticing a shift though lately as more people are wanting a little more to their men. ;) Thanks for posting. :)

    menina.iscrazy @ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Menia, one of my brothers is a bear and I understand my grandfather was, but I never met him. Waxing hurts. Maybe you get used to it eventually, but I can't find many volunteers to test my theory!

      thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  14. I love that my hairy man is confident and secure. When our son became a bear of a teenager and was horrified that those he was interested in wanted hairless males, the teen tried to shave himself and did a very poor job, especially on his back. Rather than try to talk him out of shaving, my partner brought home some things the teen could try out and helped him with his back a time or two.

    donnafisk@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think back hair is difficult to love. One of my sons is a bear and he used to shave his stomach. One day, in my bold mom way, I told him that he's very attractive the way he is. He doesn't shave his stomach any more, but I think he's probably still self-conscious. I hope that'll go away when he starts seeing other men like him. And I'm glad your partner could help your son!

      Delete