Friday, June 14, 2013

Flash Fiction - End of the Line










Flash Fiction: "End of the Line" by DC Juris


Rain slashed the air, falling hard and fast in fat drops that hit my head like tiny pebbles. Might've been annoying if I'd had any time to give it thought. The piece of shit on the ground beneath my boot had all my attention, though. "Where is the girl?"

"You don't know who you're dealing with." He spat blood onto my boot. "You're in way over your head, copper."

A slow grin lifted my lips and I showed my teeth in a snarl. "I'm not a cop, asshole." I pressed my foot down on his throat and cocked the gun. "The girl?"

He coughed and sputtered, clawing at my boot. He struggled to speak.

I lifted my foot a fraction of an inch. "Beg your pardon?"

"Fifth and Maine." He rubbed his throat. "The old coffee plant."

I nodded and aimed the gun at his head.

"Wait! I gave you what you wanted! You can't kill me!" He held shaking hands up to me. "No! Please, God!"

I smirked. "God won't recognize you when I'm done."

No comments:

Post a Comment