No Bake Chex Mix Chocolate Pecan Nom-Noms
Decadent, rich, gooey, and oh so sinful!
1/2 cup pecans
2 cups Chex Mix Cereal - I use Corn Chex, but you can use whichever you want
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons heavy cream
pinch of salt
1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips
**This recipe works best when used with mini cupcake pans, OR cake pop pans (round ones, not "cavity" ones)
1. Toast pecans for about 5 minutes. Cool. Chop.
2. Toss pecans and cereal in large bowl.
3. Melt butter, cane syrup, heavy cream and salt and bring to boil, stirring until it comes together loosely in the middle of the pan and gets a little thick. Takes about 5 minutes.
4. Once the mix stops bubbling, add chocolate. Melt.
5. Pour mix over cereal and nuts and mix until thoroughly coated.
6. Scoop mixture into mini cupcake or cake pop pans. If using cake pop pans, you will be using each pan separately - not closing them together.
7. Set for 1 hour.
8. Carefully remove from pans and place on patter/plate/who cares because you're just going to nom them.