Monday, April 1, 2013

A-Z Challenge Day 1: A is for Apples

So for my A-Z posts, I'll be posting about my favorite thing that starts with the corresponding letter.



My favorite thing that starts with A is apples! Not only do I enjoy eating them (preferably with peanut butter or caramel) but I enjoy picking them!

Every year in the fall my husband and I head to Little Tree Orchards and pick apples. The trip is an all day event - including driving through a covered bridge - and involves munching on apple donuts (for my hubby - I'm gluten free), sipping on apple cider, picking apples, enjoying the flora and fauna, and visiting with the resident furry friends.













4 comments:

  1. We go apple picking every year. We love it. We go to all the local orchards, take a picnic with us and make a day of it.

    Looking forward to seeing what you do all month!

    Tim
    The Other Side
    Red Sonja: She-devil with a Sword

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! A is for apple butter, too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! Yes, I love apples too! They are good for you! And it must be fun to pick them when you love them so much....and that is how I feel about our orange and grapefruit trees here! Fun, and good to eat. I buy apples some for me and most for the critters around the property....I will wash them up, cut them in pcs., and put out in a plate along with some other things I buy for them......grapes, carrots, lettuce, potatoes, orange slices, nuts....squirrels and rabbits are all well fed here! Enjoyed this post! www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete