Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blisse Bunnies Week



Blisse Bunnies week is all about new beginnings, and my characters have had a few of those over the years!

For my part today, I'm featuring my story "Serge's Gift," (in the Crimson Anthology). Don't let the cover fool you - my story is all hot m/m vampire lovin'. 



Here's the blurb:

Though he spends his life interacting with vampires, and lusting after a certain one in particular, the idea of becoming one has never been something Bryan has ever entertained. But when he's diagnosed with terminal cancer, Serge, the object of his affections, takes the decision out of his hands. Serge has always loved Bryan, and now, Serge means to have him.


And here's a teeny tiny excerpt to get you hooked. Er...I mean... to um...Yeah, to get you hooked!

I don’t care what Stephenie Meyer says, vampires don’t sparkle. At least the one sitting behind the wheel of my car doesn’t. I can see why someone would think they do, though, as he turns his head toward me and flashes a smile. A reassuring smile, nothing else. What else is there when you’re driving your human friend to the oncologist to find out if he has cancer or not?

I didn’t know what an oncologist was until Serge told me. Never knew anyone with cancer; no one in my family had ever even been sick. So when my regular doctor said he wanted to refer me out for some blood work and a couple scans, I thought, okay. No big deal. Serge, though, had understood right away what I might be facing, and his knowledge had fired a fear in me that I’d never before experienced.

In truth, I don’t really start to feel it until we turn the corner and I can see the cancer center looming in front of us like some whitewashed prison. I never even knew the place existed—must’ve driven past it hundreds of times on my way to and from work for the past two years. In all that time, it never stood out, never appeared to be anyplace I should be aware of. I’ve been here just the once before, for the initial consultation when the doctor ordered all the tests, but I was alone then. Somehow, having Serge with me makes this more frightening—you know when someone offers to come with you and support you you’re facing trouble. Real, tangible trouble.

Serge parks the car, but I remain immobile. I’m not getting out. Nope, that’s it. I’ve decided it doesn’t matter—I’m just going to sit here and wait until he realizes I’ve changed my mind, and then we can leave. Serge looks at me, left eyebrow arched, and sighs.

I watch him get out of the car, smooth his clothing, and come around to my side. I glance at the door lock, briefly consider locking him out, but I don’t. He has a key, anyway. Serge opens the door and holds out his hand and I take it, curling my fingers into his strong grip. He slides his free arm around my waist, and urges me forward.




Want to win a copy? Of course you do! That's why I'm offering up a free pdf copy to one lucky winner!

To enter, just leave a comment below telling me your favorite bunny. (I know, it's off topic of the book, but bunnies are cute!!) Be sure to include your e-mail address.


 GOOD LUCK!


****PLEASE BE AWARE: I write GLBTQ romance. GLBTQ stands for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer. This means my works feature same sex relationships AND same sex sexual acts. If winning a prize from that kind of a blog isn't your cup of tea, kindly pass on to the next blog in the hop and leave the spot open for someone else. Thank you.****

4 comments:

  1. Favorite bunny is Bunnicula. Yes, I know I'm strange..lol

    miztik_rose@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Bugs of course!

    gisu29(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always liked the bunnies on THE MUPPET SHOW (though Bugs will do in a pinch).

    koozebane(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bunny from Monty Python's The Holy Grail comes to mind ;)

    Kassandra
    sionedkla@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete